Protected Culture Crop Lead
Req ID: 01NNG
The Crop Production Lead will manage the protected culture crop teams in successfully delivering crop projects for the Vegetable Greenhouse and API Operations. They will provide leadership and direction in the day-to-day activities in a team oriented environment to optimize, increase efficiencies and reduce costs in production of greenhouse and growth room plants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, and coordinate Woodland’s Crop Production activities, meeting program objectives/milestones
- Provide Greenhouse and Grow Room capacity management and planning activities
- Lead Grower Teams in the production of successful results for all greenhouse and grow room crop programs while meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide direction and oversight to the Grower Teams to ensure that all crops meet agreed to expectations
- Responsible for irrigation, fertigation, lighting, pests control, automation etc.
- Interact and work with a variety of Partners to achieve their crop goals. Maintain effective communications, relationships and collaborations with this diverse customer and employee base
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to all GH users following company guidelines and meeting budget
- Lead the Indoor Plant Growing maintenance and repair team to ensure coordination with the Facility Teams resulting in reliable and stable environments and equipment for the crops
- Provide necessary input for all new construction of Greenhouse and Grow Room projects on site
- Lead safety and Phytosanitation programs for the Crop Production Teams ensuring compliance with all regulations and protocols.
- Attend all relevant training sessions to keep in compliance with regulations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Crop Production teams. Attend appropriate meetings while providing leadership to both regular and contract employees
- Responsible for meeting all program requirements of the department
- Responsible for People Management for regular, full-time Monsanto employees and third party employees
- Carries out supervisory and managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: employee development, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to work alongside the crew should it be found necessary to help or advance a project.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with greenhouse automation desired
- Demonstrated effectiveness in supervisory and management skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimally have an Applicator certificate (QAC)
- QAL and PCA a plus
- Driver’s license
- Software: Microsoft Office, ability to use QComm and/or Argus , Pet Tiger preferred
CGFA members who would like to post an announcement in this classified section should call Donna Boggs at (916) 441-2272 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.